Monday, July 2, 2012

Sketches 8

Sorry to break the streak but I need some time to work on some freelance stuff as well as the column I started doing over at Blow the Scene (In my defense it was a 6 week uninterrupted posting spree!). So, I thought I'd give you a new version of the "sketches" posts to hold you over until next week. This one is a progression shot.

We have Wilbur Whateley in thumbnail form, then inked but not cleaned up (I forgot to scan him when he was just a pencil drawing, so we're actually missing one step), then cleaned up, then with just the flat color on him and lastly all rendered.

It should give you a good idea of the process I go through with each of these little buggers. And I hope it'll keep you sated until the 9th when I have a two week streak of Gods In Human Form....enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing the steps in other artists' work process. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete